What to expect when deleting or uninstalling the app
Privacy is one of our biggest concerns. We do not have accounts nor do we collect or store any data on our users. Because of this when you delete or uninstall your app, all the documents you have scan will also be deleted. Always back up your files before you delete or uninstall the SwiftScan.
Upgrading from Free to Pro (one-time purchase)
If upgrading, make sure you have backed up all your documents to your device or your preferred location. We do not recommend deleting the basic app until you have backed-up all of your files.
Encrypting & Sending a File
Locking or encrypting your documents is available for SwiftScan subscribers and the paid SwiftScan. To set a password for your document, follow these steps:
- From your SwiftScan’s file list page, select the file you wish to encrypt
- Tap the encrypt icon
- Select your password
After a file is encrypted, it will always be an encrypted file.
Viewing an Encrypted File
When receiving and viewing an encrypted file, you must have the password to view that file. You can download the encrypted file to your computer, but you cannot view it without the password.
Saving an Encrypted File as a Decrypted File
In order to remove encryption from a file, you must have the password. Follow these steps:
- Open the file & apply the password
- After correctly entering the password, you may view the file
- Save this instance of the same document as a new file, this new version will not be encrypted.
Scanning Multiple Files Into One Folder
If you would like to upload multiple files to one folder follow these steps:
- Open SwiftScan
- Navigate to the desired folder management homepage
- Click the folder you would like to add files to
- Click on the (+) plus icon to start adding files to that folder
By default all the files you scan while in the folder will be added to that folder.
Adding More than one scanned PDF File to your email
Assuming you have gone through the process of scanning and editing your PDFs and are ready to send, follow these steps:
- Tap on the "send to" icon
- Select email account, if your phone does not have a default set up
- For iOS users: After adding in details to your email, tap and hold a black part of the email as if to paste the text.
- Scroll from left to right on the menu, or tap the right arrow to revival more options
- Select the "Add Attachment" option
- Browser your files for the other documents (if you are having trouble locating your scanned files save them to a drive or locally to make them accessible)
- For Android, click the paper clip icon to add files